Friday, May 28, 2010

Who is informing you?

So here's blog number one. God's really been focusing my heart on Psalms 1:1-2. I have been asking him where do I start? He began to open up this scripture to me in this way.

What are we letting in? Where are we getting our info for daily life? How do we treat others and what is the interaction model we are emulating?
In Psalms one, he unfolds three aspects of daily life and how the world culture distorts daily God centered life. The first is what David calls not taking advice, consultation, or walking in the advice of the world. It made me ask the first question: What am I letting in as a daily counselor? The answer wasn't very holy. I had to admit it was TV and other media. Not Gods word. We would like to believe we are different and set apart but on average we make our decisions no different than people of the world. We are woo'd by advertising, our favorite and unsaved celebrity, and by the promise of a new life with one purchase. What we find is debt, stress, and a drawing away from what is important many times.
Are we living a life drawn from the strength and wisdom of God? Or on the sales pitch of this world? I'm not saying we can't own things. What I'm saying is are we making first what rightfully deserves to be first....... God!
Listen closely to God's voice today, through scripture and His small still voice. Although we don't always realize it, he has a view on every aspect of our life and is waiting for us to invite Him in!

Next: A lifestyle walking the path that is towards or away from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment